Director, Internal Controls
Job Req code: 953
Organogenesis corporate headquarters is located in Canton, Massachusetts, including manufacturing, R&D, customer service, reimbursement and other corporate teams supporting our full range of products. We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing.
Organogenesis is hiring for a Director of Internal Audit. In this role, you will manage the internal audit function for Organogenesis, develop and maintain integral policies and procedures that support an adequate and effective system of internal control across the organization, and advise management on improvements to create and/or enhance internal controls to maximize both effectiveness and efficiencies.
You will also have oversight of the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program, including annual risk assessments, materiality determination, audit planning, regular policy and flowchart reviews, testing of key controls and other SOX related matters.
- Act as the “go-to” person for internal controls within the organization and provide a reliable and insightful resource for business groups and control owners;
- Design and manage the internal control audit program, supervise and perform testing of internal controls to ensure continued compliance with all regulatory guidelines (SEC, PCAOB and COSO);
- Critically evaluate current set of in-scope controls and recommend ways to optimize controls through automation;
- Maintain regular communication with process owners, provide oversight and guidance on control design, operating effectiveness, nature and degree of supporting evidence to validate execution of controls, ongoing change management and effective monitoring of their controls;
- Collaborate and provide recommendations to functional groups in the development of policies and procedures impacting business activities;
- Assess the impact of business or organization changes on internal controls, provide control points and risk considerations;
- Work closely with the IT organization to maximize integration of business process and IT general and application controls;
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure effective communication between management and auditors. Maximize external auditors’ reliance on management’s work. Respond to review comments and ensure resolution to any issues identified in testing;
- Lead the reporting of operational and design effectiveness. Evaluate deficiencies, including discussion with management and remediation plans
Preferred Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance. CIA required. (Would be ideal to have CPA and CISA as well);
- 10 + years of total experience managing accounting and/or audit functions, and at least 5 years of internal audit management experience. 5+ years of big four experience is preferred. Must possess strong auditing skills with sufficient experience in auditing public companies;
- Strong knowledge of the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirement, PCAOB Standards, US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, GAAS, and other applicable professional guidance;
- Strong knowledge of external audit requirements and reporting;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal;
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines and able to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously;
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a fast-paced environment across all levels of management and across functions;
- Experience interacting with the audit committee of a public company;
- Working knowledge of general systems and IT technical controls and risks.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!