Team Lead, Customer Service West
La Jolla, CA
Job Req code: 932
Category: Customer Service
We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing. The La Jolla office of Organogenesis is seeking a Team Lead, Customer Service West for our Customer Service department. The primary responsibilities for the Customer Service Representative is to answer incoming calls from the Customer Service queue and to provide the highest level of customer service satisfaction possible for internal and external customers. This position also provides administrative support to the Reimbursement Support Center and effectively interfaces with sales specialists and customers. This position is currently a remote position and reports to the Supervisor of Customer Service - West.
- Be the point person on the floor to support team, answer questions and help problem solve issues as they arise.
- Monitor Customer Service tasks to ensure things are done correctly and within specified timelines.
- Train new Customer Service team members.
- Work with management on improving department policies and procedures.
- Work with Customer Service Supervisor and management to address any potential issues.
- Assist in managing Customer Service team's schedule and adjust schedule based on needs within the department.
- Review and process phone, fax, and e-mailed orders into the order entry system to ensure that shipments are expedited timely and accurately.
- Develop strong relationships with customers and Sales Representatives.
- Provide customers with timely communications about products and the status of their orders.
- Greet and direct customer calls where appropriate.
- Responsible for adherence to all SOP’s, protocols, policies, regulatory requirements and cGMP’s.
- Investigate problems related to shipment of product, credits and customer inquiries.
- Maintain and achieve department records.
- Document customer calls into an Access database.
- Effectively interface with hospitals, wound care centers and physicians to insure the highest level of customer service is attained.
- Assist in monitoring and distributing orders from the fax server, work through voicemails left on the Customer Service mainline and manage department emails from customers, sales, facilities, etc.
- Understand steps needed to resolve problems as they relate to day to day processes.
- Support International sales force with ease and process International orders.
- Compliance Reporting: CAPA/Recall tracking as directed.
- Manage VA/AoD and Standing Order accounts on a daily basis.
- Process Technical Complaints as they come into the department, and proceed as directed.
- Investigate problems related to shipment of product, credits, and customer inquiries.
- Involvement in projects as directed by management while preforming the normal daily tasks.
- Handle all day to day processes with minimal supervision.
- Process all reporting timely and accurately.
- Accurately handle all reporting and coordination between depts. during recalls/weather/supply. issues, etc. in a timely manner without error.
- TRS training/mtgs/calls as needed/instructed by management.
- Other projects as needed and assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Successful candidate must possess:
- Outstanding call handling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking competence with the ability to perform effectively and accurately under stress
- Superior problem resolution skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a tightly knit team
- Must be a flexible team member that works effectively with management, fellow team members and personnel of all departments
- Must be dedicated to providing superior, high quality customer service to both customers and outside sales force
- Must be motivated by a desire to improve both self and departmental functioning and quality through ongoing growth, development and a commitment to excellence
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, especially in the medical device, Bio or Healthcare industries preferred.
- 4+ years Customer Service or relevant experience.
- Familiar with the sales order cycle.
- Knowledge of the shipping process and experience dealing with UPS and FedEx.
- PC /Software proficiency.
- Familiarity with MS Office and MS Excel is required.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX knowledge a plus.
Effectively write business correspondence and procedure documentation. Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Normal office environment.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!