Facilities Maintenance Technician IV
Job Req code: 917
Organogenesis corporate headquarters is located in Canton, Massachusetts, including manufacturing, R&D, customer service, reimbursement and other corporate teams supporting our full range of products. We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing.
The Facilities Technician IV reports to the Senior Manager, Facilities & Calibration.
- Schedules, executes and documents all preventive maintenance on all process and non-process equipment and utilities
- Trouble shoots and repairs equipment and components
- Performs all required plumbing, electrical, boiler, utility, and HVAC repairs
- Ensures that all work orders assigned to him/her are planned and completed as requested and returned daily with proper documentation
- Plans, develops, implements and evaluates projects
- Participates in the mandatory on-call emergency rotation schedule
- Develop project goals, work plans, timelines, implementation strategies and evaluation methods
- Interacts with contractors for capital improvements and repair
- Monitors trends and reports on equipment status and condition through the automated building control system
- Maintains spare parts inventory and performs required plumbing, electrical, boiler, utility and HVAC repair
- Performs other assignments as directed by manager or supervisor
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, equivalent or vocational/technical training with a minimum of 4-8 years' experience on a multidisciplinary GMP maintenance team
- Must be licensed in one of the following maintenance trades: HVAC, Electrical, Refrigeration or Pipe-fitting
- Must have or be able to obtain Wastewater Treatment Operator License
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, boiler and HVAC repair required
- Comprehensive knowledge of WFI, RODI, clean steam, autoclaves, glassware washers, and cold/warm rooms
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) software. GMP and clean room experience a plus
- Ability to work on machinery.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to observe and interpret situations.
- Ability to work under changing and intense deadlines.
- Frequently is required to stand and talk or hear; and walk or sit
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly lift and/or move tools, materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds
- Medium work - exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently or an amount greater than negligible and up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of these for Light Work.
- Frequently around loud noises
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!