Facilities Maintenance Technician II
Job Req code: 897
Organogenesis corporate headquarters is located in Canton, Massachusetts, including manufacturing, R&D, customer service, reimbursement and other corporate teams supporting our full range of products. We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing.
The Facilities Technician II position works a Monday - Friday, 10:00am-6:00pm schedule, but on rare occasions may be asked to start earlier/end earlier as needed to support Manufacturing needs.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment and components
- Perform all required plumbing, electrical, boiler, utility, and HVAC repairs
- Participate in off-hour on-call rotation
- Respond to mechanical service calls and perform routine equipment repair
- Carry out preventive maintenance on all process and non-process equipment
- The ability to follow basic directions, read manuals and follow step-by-step instructions with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of general and preventative maintenance and repair, such as electrical, mechanical, plumbing, painting, and the tools associated with each
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and core Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) guidelines in accordance with maintenance and repair
- Good basic computer skills for data entry, email, and completing various documents
Preferred Education and Experience:
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, or vocational/technical training with 2+ years' experience
- Vocational/technical training with a mechanical aptitude, knowledge of electrical, plumbing and utility repair preferred
- GMP and clean room experience also preferred
- Frequently is required to stand and talk or hear; and walk or sit
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly lift and/or move tools, materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds
- Medium work - exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently or an amount greater than negligible and up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of these for Light Work.
- Frequently around loud noises
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!