Material Handler - Truck Driver (pay starts at $20/hour, commensurate with experience)
Job Req code: 890
Category: Distribution and Warehouse
Organogenesis corporate headquarters is located in Canton, Massachusetts, including manufacturing, R&D, customer service, reimbursement and other corporate teams supporting our full range of products. We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing.
The Material Handler Truck Driver position performs the following, but not limited to, the transportation of time and temperature sensitive raw materials and finished product from site to site in accordance with cGMP and DOT compliance.
- Transporting finished goods and raw materials from sites to site.
- Accurate delivery of temperature sensitive materials.
- Plan routes to meet delivery schedules.
- Confirm shipping papers match cargo.
- Refuel vehicle and check or replace oil as needed with other maintenance requirements.
- Maintain accurate documentation.
- Perform safety checklist.
- Maintain DOT requirements.
- Transporting hazardous material (limited quantities mostly).
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Assist Material Handlers with warehouse duties.
- Knowledge or ability to learn ERP systems.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Microsoft office.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal are needed for interaction with department levels.
- Transporting hazardous waste. (Limited Quantities)
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 21 years of age, as required by DOT
- An excellent driving record with minimum two years’ experience required
- An MVR report with no more than 3 moving violations in the past 36 months, no license suspensions in the previous 36 months, and no DUI convictions in last 5 years, required
- Hazardous materials certification strongly preferred
- Ability to lift regularly lift up to 50 pounds required
- Ability to unload trailers required
- Ability to work under time constraints required
- Ability to work with and deliver temperature sensitive materials required
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment physical and lift test, DOT physical, and DOT drug screen are required
- Ability to occasionally exert up to 100 pounds of force, frequently lift, carry, push, pull and move objects, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Frequently is required to stand and talk or hear; and walk or sit.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly lift and/or move tools, materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently or an amount greater than negligible and up to 10 to 20 pounds constantly to move objects.
- Frequently around loud noises.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts, working with forklifts and manual pallets.
- Frequently exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!