Medical Science Liaison (Western)
Home Based Telecommute - US,
Job Req code: 872
Category: Medical Affairs
Organogenesis corporate headquarters is located in Canton, Massachusetts, including manufacturing, R&D, customer service, reimbursement and other corporate teams supporting our full range of products. We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a clinical/scientific expert working between Organogenesis’s Medical Affairs department and the medical/scientific community and is responsible for developing on-going professional relationships with healthcare practitioners in the field of wound healing. This individual will be responsible for communicating product and disease state scientific information to the healthcare community in an ethical and unbiased manner through one-on-one scientific dialogue, small group discussions and lecture presentations. The MSL will manage the educational and scientific needs of national and regional Key Opinion Leaders (KOL's) by establishing long-term strategic relationships with these physicians/investigators and with major medical associations and academic institutions. Leveraging their KOL relationships and knowledge of wound healing, the MSL will provide strategic input and operational support for clinical development programs. The MSL will also support internal groups including the Sales and Marketing teams, with training support and scientific input as appropriate.
The candidate must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a cross functional matrixed organization. This position will focus their activities in the Western US.
- In cooperation with the Medical Information Center, respond to requests for clinical and scientific information on wound healing and Organogenesis’s products through literature searches, development of scientific slides and presentations to various external customers.
- Work closely with the internal teams to provide scientific and clinical input into clinical development programs, to help ensure appropriate clinical trial designs are created to support strategic goals.
- Identify potential investigators for the clinical development programs and interact with them on an ongoing basis in support of study recruitment efforts, data generation and scientific exchange.
- Attend key national and regional medical meetings, congresses, and assist with publication planning and execution initiatives. Provide feedback from the field regarding gaps in knowledge to inform publication strategy.
- Provide broad medical & scientific support for Commercial team activities. For example, provide scientific perspective to marketing team regarding optimal product positioning & physician education and contribute to the training and continuing education for the sales team.
- Utilizing knowledge from the field of physician practices and challenges related to product usage and choices, provide scientific perspective on potential new business development opportunities as required.
- Maintain knowledge base as to developments and trends in medical sciences. This is expected to include attendance and participation at key wound healing conferences.
- Follow up on post-marketing adverse events by obtaining relevant clinical information to enable the Medical Director to make an accurate assessment. Follow up may also involve re-education regarding effective & safe product usage.
Develop and maintain KOL relationships to build scientific understanding of Organogenesis’s products and their role in wound care. Work with KOLs through participation in educational programming (e.g., speaker’s slide sets), clinical trials (e.g., clinical trial site identification and recruitment) and advisory boards.
Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Clinical experience in the wound healing field is preferred. Must have effective project management, leadership, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Must be able to work independently and in groups in a collegial manner. Must be able to travel up to 80% (4 days a week).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in wound healing in a clinical role. A Master’s degree or higher is required.
- Experience serving as a medical professional in a medical device, biotechnology or pharmaceutical company is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and confidently with experts and/or opinion leaders in the field of wound healing
- Good understanding of the wound healing marketplace and current/investigational treatment options in this therapeutic area.
- Clinical and/or research experience in the therapeutic area of wound healing is desirable.
- Ability to provide education on complex scientific/medical issues in a crisp and clear manner both to a peer and lay audience.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
The ideal candidate for this position would reside in the Western half of the US.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!