Provider Reimbursement Liaison - Florida
Florida - Remote,
Job Req code: 843
We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing. We offer a strong benefits package, opportunities for growth, and the chance to contribute to our mission: to provide an integrated portfolio of healing solutions that improve lives while lowering the overall cost of health care.
Candidates for this position must reside in the state of Florida or within a 45-minute drive, to accommodate visits to customer sites.
- Obtain benefit verification or opportunities for prior authorizations based on patient’s insurance coverage.
- Prepare and submit prior authorizations in a timely manner and follow up on status
- Effectively interface with hospitals, wound care centers and physicians to ensure the highest level of reimbursement is attained
- Communicate and accurately document payor trends
- Communicate policy developments to Organogenesis reimbursement management that impact the reimbursement Organogenesis products
- Build relationships with physician, hospital, and third-party payer decision makers
- Consistently complete an average of 20-25 benefits verifications (BVs) daily
- Participate in calls approved by Management regarding cases, inquires or other related topics
- Understand and utilize reimbursement tools to minimize customer inquiries.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of payer policies and how to leverage this knowledge to support the benefit verification process
- Creation of presentations and the ability to present to all levels of an organization
- Onsite visits with customers and participation in sales meetings as needed
- Cultivate a strong working relationship and exchange information with key opinion leaders in medical practices, internal customers, professional medical organizations and affiliated industry groups
- Provide world class service to all internal and external customers
- Effectively handles and resolves conflicts
- Update reimbursement management immediately when potential issues arise
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Ability to meet strict metrics for quota and turn-around time
- Up to 25% travel required
- Other duties as needed
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Health Care Administration, Business, Economics, or related area strongly preferred
- 9+ years' work experience in the health care industry
- Functional expertise in reimbursement and health care policy required
- Intimate knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and Private Payor reimbursement process required
- Ability to provide benefit verification and prior authorization status updates to providers accurately and in a timely manner required
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with providers, insurances, and internal customers and colleagues required
- Self-disciplined and Independent individual with the ability to self-motivate in a work from home environment
- Medical device or biologics experience preferred
- Must be confident in presentation skills and ability to educate customers
- Polished and highly professional presence in person and on phone
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must be able to travel within the state of Florida.
- Remaining in a sitting position for long periods of time.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Working indoors
- No adverse environmental conditions
- Sedentary work - exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or an amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves primarily sitting most of the time.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!