Scientist I, Research and Development
Job Req code: 805
Category: Research & Development
We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing.
Organogenesis is a leading regenerative medicine company focused on the development, manufacture and commercialization of product solutions for the advanced wound care, surgical and sports medicine markets. Organogenesis product portfolio consists of a wide array of products consisting of PMA, BLA, 510K and 361 HCT/P products. Organogenesis’s headquarters is in Canton, MA and the R&D teams work collaboratively across Canton, Birmingham and La Jolla sites.
Organogenesis in Canton, MA is seeking a motivated and responsible candidate for a Scientist I position. The candidate must show initiative, strong communication skills, relevant scientific knowledge/experience, and be a team player. Excellent attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and good organizational skills are essential to being successful in this position.
- Maintains responsibility for routine laboratory instrumentation and supplies.
- Initiates investigation of new experimental approaches to specific problems using scientific theory and technical literature.
- Applies scientific expertise in interdisciplinary fields such as cell biology, biomaterial science & engineering, tissue engineering, and wound healing towards product development activities
- Plans and executes well-defined scientific projects. Uses defined practices and theoretical knowledge to perform analysis, interpret results and determine appropriate action.
- Authors or co-authors scientific publications.
- Utilizes relevant information, technology and resources to contribute to complex team problem resolution and objectives.
- Oversees relevant product performance testing such as biocompatibility or performance
- Keeps current with the scientific literature in the area(s) of key responsibilities including literature reviews and directed research as needed
- Assists with grant proposal writing as needed
- Provides scientific guidance and training to the junior staff, and other departments, as needed
- Prepares technical reports and presents data/findings within R&D and cross functional teams
- Ensures that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintains a clean and orderly environment.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with standard laboratory practice and procedures.
- Assist in ordering and receiving laboratory supplies.
- Applies company policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel for work up to 25%
- Ph.D. Degree in biology, engineering or other relevant scientific specialty required
- Knowledge of a variety of standard laboratory procedures and techniques; of laboratory equipment and terminology; and of laboratory hazards and safety practices.
- Experience with Cell Culture, PCR, ELISA assays, and other relevant laboratory procedures
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, biohazards etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Ability to work organized and in an autonomous fashion.
- Knowledge of FDA requirements for medical devices and biologics
- Knowledge of standardized product testing
- Working knowledge of advanced statistical concepts and software
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!