Research Associate II
Job Req code: 747
Category: Research & Development
Organogenesis is seeking a motivated and responsible candidate for a Research Associate II position in the Birmingham, AL office. The candidate must show initiative, strong communication skills, relevant scientific knowledge/experience, and be a team player. Excellent attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and good organizational skills are essential to being successful in this position.
Organogenesis is a leading regenerative medicine company focused on the development, manufacture and commercialization of product solutions for the advanced wound care, surgical and sports medicine markets. Organogenesis product portfolio consists of a wide array of products consisting of PMA, BLA, 510K and 361 HCT/P products. The Birmingham, AL office invests significantly in research and product development efforts company wide.
Under the supervision of the Research and Development Manager, the Research Associate II will assist in supporting the research and product development activities.
- Performs a wide range of assigned research experiments with efficiency, accuracy and attention to details, and minimal supervision (e.g., selects methods, troubleshoots routine and some non-routine procedures).
- Makes observations, documents experimental data, and generates related reports on results.
- Designs and executes experiments according to standard protocols, make observations and interpret findings.
- Exercises technical judgment in execution of specialized procedures and interpretation of complex results.
- Initiates non-routine problem investigation and recommends solutions.
- Performs calculations, statistics, and complex analysis on experimental results and develops hypotheses.
- Contributes to design of well defined experimental procedures.
- Maintains responsibility for routine laboratory instrumentation and supplies.
- Orders laboratory materials and reagents
- Receives, stores, aliquots and keeps inventory of important laboratory reagents.
- Maintains laboratory equipment by keeping up with routine maintenance and inspection.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with standard laboratory practice and procedures.
- Assist in ordering and receiving laboratory supplies.
- Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions.
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
- Completes projects by assisting Senior Research Engineer(s); attending and participating in group and project meetings.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- 2-5 years of laboratory experience in a related environment
- 4-year Degree in biology, chemistry or relevant field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of a variety of standard laboratory procedures and techniques; of laboratory equipment and terminology; and of laboratory hazards and safety practices.
- Experience with Cell Culture, PCR, ELISA assays, and other relevant laboratory procedures
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, biohazards etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Ability to work organized and in an autonomous fashion.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!