IT Systems Administrator III
Job Req code: 742
Category: Information Technology
We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing.
Organogenesis corporate headquarters is located in Canton, Massachusetts, and we have an additional site in Norwood, Massachusetts. Our Canton location is the manufacturing site for PuraPly® AM (which heals acute and chronic wounds), and Apligraf® (for the treatment of surgical wounds). Our Norwood location manufactures ReNu® (offering regenerative and anti-inflammatory properties to create an environment that reduces pain) and NuCel® (which provides an enhanced environment for tissue growth, repair and healing). Canton is also the location for Customer Service, Reimbursement and other corporate teams, supporting our full range of products.
The IT Systems Administrator III, under general supervision, provides technical software, hardware, and network problem resolution by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions; clearly communicates technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner will assist with internal and external IT projects as assigned. This role will be responsible for continued documentation and monitoring of IT systems including business processes. The IT Systems Administrator III will assist with managing AD accounts, Group Policy, File Permissions and production systems as needed. This role will also be responsible for assisting the Infrastructure Team in the day to day operations of the Data Center as well as other operations pertaining to access and computer functions while also supporting the Help Desk and Analyst teams as needed.
- Building, patching and maintaining virtual Windows servers.
- Maintain and improve the performance of our servers, databases and applications.
- Set up and manage local AD accounts, Office 365 accounts and Group Policy
- Assist with upgrading IT systems with new releases and security patches
- Perform data backups of various systems, performs disaster recovery operations and testing quarterly
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and outages on network and production systems
- Implement new business initiatives as they relate to cloud services.
- Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained
- Work with internal teams to troubleshoot complex problems that adversely impact customers.
- Recommends changes to improve systems and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Maintain system documentation
- Participate in systems testing and document results
- Works with vendors to assist with support activities
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Other IT related duties as needed
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside normal business hours.
- Ability to communicate clearly and patiently with users, and to guide them through solutions in a user-friendly manner.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience working in a corporate IT environment required.
- Systems Administration role: 5-7 years preferred
- Active Directory environment: 5-7 years preferred
- PowerShell: 3 years preferred
- MCP preferred
- Microsoft operating systems: 3 years required
- Office 365 required
- Repetitive motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Remaining in a sitting position for long periods of time.
- Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or an amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, primarily sitting most of the time.
- This position works in an office environment.
- No adverse environmental conditions.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!