Project Manager (Biotechnology/Medical Device)
Job Req code: 728
Category: Project Management
We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing. Organogenesis corporate headquarters is located in Canton, Massachusetts, and we have an additional site in Norwood, Massachusetts. Our Canton location is the manufacturing site for PuraPly® AM (which heals acute and chronic wounds), and Apligraf® (for the treatment of surgical wounds). Our Norwood location manufactures ReNu® (offering regenerative and anti-inflammatory properties to create an environment that reduces pain) and NuCel® (which provides an enhanced environment for tissue growth, repair and healing). Canton is also the location for Customer Service, Reimbursement and other corporate teams, supporting our full range of products.
Reporting to the Director, Program Management, this position is responsible for the successful planning, management and execution of Product Development, Compliance and Technology Transfer programs. This position requires experience in Biomedical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering. This role will ensure that the deliverables of the program are achieved on or ahead of schedule and within budget.
- Responsible for the entire project life cycle; project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and close-out.
- Strive to deliver projects on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Lead planning activities to develop robust project plans.
- Execute project risk management activities including risk identification, ranking and contingency planning.
- Manage all daily project activities, including schedule development, project budget development, team leadership, intra-division liaison, project communication, staffing activities, status reporting, and resource plan development.
- Facilitate effective project meetings, handle change and conflict
- Identifies and tracks critical path/activities, risks, contingencies and alternatives and offer suggestions to get projects back on track when necessary.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Provide project updates to team and management on work performed, plans, budget and status.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the precise execution of projects.
- Develop resource planning estimates to make decisions on project workload and priorities. Ensure resource availability and allocation is appropriate.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to handle changes in project scope, schedule and cost.
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing meeting agendas, recording meeting minutes, tracking action items, coordinating global and sub-team activities and disseminating project information.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of project management experience in Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO or a related healthcare field.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering discipline required
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment with cross-functional development teams through product launch and/or technology transfer projects are required
- PMP certification is strongly preferred
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational, written and oral communications, time management and project management skills.
- Ability to travel as needed based on project requirements (up to 10%).
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Sedentary Work - exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or an amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves primarily sitting most of the time.
- Work is performed indoors in a typical office environment
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!