Facilities BMCS/CMS Administrator
Job Req code: 700
Organogenesis is a leader in regenerative medicine focused on empowering healing through the development, manufacturing and sale of products for the advanced wound care, and surgical and sports medicine markets.
Our Canton, MA headquarters has an opening for a full time (40 hours) Building Management Controls System Engineer III. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, opportunities for growth, and the chance to contribute to our mission: to provide an integrated portfolio of healing solutions that improve lives while lowering the overall cost of health care.
The Building Management Controls System Engineer III is an individual contributor reporting to the Facilities Engineering and Controls Manager. This position works a Monday – Friday schedule during regular business hours, with flexibility required to work weekends, early mornings and after hours on a project-dependent basis, as needed. This position will maintain, develop and improve equipment controls for the Building Management Control Systems (BMCS), Critical Monitoring System (CMS) and Utilities infrastructure. This is a hands-on role that will primarily work in a cross-functional team environment to ensure that the highest levels of continuity and performance are observed. This is an exempt position per the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Maintains the Building Management Database with full ownership of the system.
- Generates and maintains Monthly Trend report binders for GMP managed points.
- Performs scheduled alarm testing in support of requalification with Validation team. Troubleshoot System alarms and manage resolving alarm issues in the field. Prepares reports and associated documentation such as daily logs. Performs data entry into software applications.
- Works with Facilities Manager on BMCS and CMS alarm issues and ensures proper documentation of alarm issues by Maintenance technicians.
- Ensures alarm disabling and enabling is properly executed with properly completed associated compliance documentation to avoid noncompliance issues.
- Programs existing and new equipment/systems into the database as required for HVAC controls, Incubators and Freezers etc. requiring critical alarm monitoring.
- Responsible for ensuring hardwired connections between field equipment/systems and BMCS/CMS front end software are properly completed.
- Responsible for maintaining/updating the documentation and drawings associated with the Building Management Controls Panels/CMS panels and equipment in the field.
- Purchase related spare parts and maintain inventory within company standards.
- Maintains communications with BMCS/CMS service providers/vendors under Monthly support contract.
- Establishes and coordinates BMCS/CMS needs with the Facilities Engineering and Controls Manager and Project Managers for capital projects.
- Supports the maintenance team in resolving issues during the workday schedule and off hours as needed. Remote availability on a 24/7 basis to address building emergencies.
- Troubleshoot System alarms and manage resolving alarm issues in the field.
- Prepares reports and associated documentation such as daily logs. Performs data entry into software applications.
- Responsible for completing Engineering Change Controls (CCs) that involve the Building Management System. Attends weekly meetings to participate in the resolution.
- Supports cross functional departments across the organization such as Validation, Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA). Ability to define issues encountered during deviations and resolves in a cross functional team, CAPAs by providing options and recommendations for resolution.
- Trains entry level and additional staff on the BMCS/CMS operations as required across multiple sites
- Perform other duties as required.
Preferred education and experience:
- Engineering degree preferred and/or 5+ years of building management controls experience within a cGMP/FDA regulated environment.
- 6-8 years of demonstrated experience in a manufacturing process operation and/or facilities maintenance, preferably in an FDA-regulated environment.
- 4 -6 years of demonstrated ability in programming, configuring and operating a BMCS system in a manufacturing environment. Siemens Insight, Johnson Controls, Andover Controls, etc.
- Experienced operating and maintaining a Siemens Insight BMCS system preferred.
- Experience with the use of SCADA systems and preferably Ignition by Inductive Automation is a plus.
- Experience with control valves, actuators and positioners and other field instrumentation
- 3+ years of practical experience in HVAC systems, boilers, chillers, water systems and other facility-related mechanical systems in GMP environment would be ideal.
- Knowledge of working with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and process controls is a plus. Preferably with Allen Bradley SLC, MicroLogix, and Compactlogix.
- Knowledge of general and preventative maintenance programs and repair within a cGMP environment. Experience with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and change control processes in a cGMP environment.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software tools efficiently and effectively. Proficient working with computer programs/applications such as Windows 7, MS Word, Excel, Access, etc.
- Direct experience within regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA).
- Life science experience with IQ, OQ, PQ and FAT development processes.
- Knowledge of design process tools such as FMEA, Risk Assessments, technology readiness analysis, etc.
- Experience with Instrumentation and Controls design on P&IDs.
- Experience developing/designing Control System Architectures
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Skilled at developing and delivering technical subject matter information to non-technical staff and management.
- Team player who works across multiple functional areas to deliver project requirements.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!