Truck Driver, HazMat Required, Non-CDL
Job ID: 684
Job Req code: 684
Category: Distribution and Warehouse
Job Type: OI East
Organogenesis is a leader in regenerative medicine focused on empowering healing through the development, manufacturing and sale of products for the advanced wound care, and surgical and sports medicine markets. Our Canton, MA headquarters has an opening for a full time (40 hours) Truck Driver. We offer a strong benefits package, opportunities for growth, and the chance to contribute to our mission: to provide an integrated portfolio of healing solutions that improve lives while lowering the overall cost of health care.
The Truck Driver reports to the Manager, Materials and Warehousing, and works a Monday-Friday schedule during regular business hours. Some holiday work is required. This is a non-exempt position per the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Make deliveries from our Canton MA headquarters to our facilities in Canton and Norwood.
- Plan routes to meet delivery schedules
- Confirm shipping papers match cargo
- Refuel vehicle and check or replace oil as needed with other maintenance requirements
- Maintain load manifests and all required vehicle documents by ensuring they are properly completed and reconciled with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies; ensure all safety items are in good working order.Strictly observes all safety rules and promptly reports any accidents or injuries to management.
- Ensure that vehicle manifests, vehicle placards and load strapping at all times comply with all government regulations including, but not limited to, those issued by the Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Transport hazardous material
- Other duties as assigned
- Operate a pallet jack, forklift and other warehouse equipment.
- Work in warehouse as needed
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Preferred education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 21 years of age, as required by DOT
- An excellent driving record with minimum two years’ experience required
- An MVR report with no more than 3 moving violations in the past 36 months and no license suspensions in the previous 36 months, and no DUI convictions in last 5 years, required
- Hazardous materials certification required
- Ability to lift regularly lift up to 50 pounds required
- Ability to unload trailers required
- Ability to work under time constraints required
- Ability to work with and deliver temperature sensitive materials required
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment physical and lift test, DOT physical, and DOT drug screen are required
- Must occasionally exert up to 100 pounds of force, frequently lift, carry, push, pull and move objects, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!