Director of Program Management
Job ID: 680
Job Req code: 680
Category: Project Management
Job Type: Organogenesis
Organogenesis is a leader in regenerative medicine focused on empowering healing through the development, manufacturing and sale of products for the advanced wound care, and surgical and sports medicine markets. Our Canton, MA headquarters has an opening for a full time (40 hours) Director of Program Management. We offer a strong benefits package, opportunities for growth, and the chance to contribute to our mission: to provide an integrated portfolio of healing solutions that improve lives while lowering the overall cost of health care.
The Director of Program Management reports to the Chief Operating Officer. This is an exempt position per the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
The Director of Program Management is responsible for the program and project management processes and governance, and leads the cross functional Project Steering Team to facilitate company communication, prioritize projects, and manage resource utilization.
- Directs project management staff and coaches and mentors other project leaders from across the organization to use project management tools to plan and execute new product development, infrastructure improvement and manufacturing transfer projects. Simultaneously leads and manages multiple programs, which may include both internal and external resources with projects of various levels of regulatory complexity.
- Act as department head
- Serve as the subject matter expert in the areas of project management skills & tools
- Schedule and facilitate Project Steering Team Meetings
- Maintain company-wide resource analysis tool, project planning & dashboard templates, SharePoint communication site and prioritization of projects, issue status reports.
- Promote the project management process and use of tools across the company
- Prioritize projects within the project management group, manage resource conflicts
- Develop and coach staff to improve their PM skills and increase their team’s communication, execution and planning
- Coordinate and provide high-level updates to senior management on key programs and projects to communicate status and risks
- Manage projects
- Lead planning activities to develop robust project plans, establishing milestones and monitor adherence to plans and schedules
Preferred education and experience:
- BS Degree, preferably in a technical discipline, required
- 10-15 years of program and project management experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or medical device company
- PMP or other Project Management certification is highly preferred
- Thrives on collaboration, can manage conflict, good problem solver
- Exceptional organizational, written and oral communications, time management and project management skills
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!