Director of Program Management
Job ID: 680
Job Req code: 680
Category: Project Management
Job Type: Organogenesis
The Director of Program Management is responsible for the program and project management processes and governance, and leads the cross functional Project Steering Team to facilitate company communication, prioritize projects, and manage resource utilization. Directs project management staff and coaches and mentors other project leaders from across the organization to use project management tools to plan and execute new product development, infrastructure improvement and manufacturing transfer projects. Simultaneously leads and manages multiple programs, which may include both internal and external resources with projects of various levels of regulatory complexity.
- Act as department head
- Serve as the subject matter expert in the areas of project management skills & tools
- Schedule and facilitate Project Steering Team Meetings
- Maintain company-wide resource analysis tool, project planning & dashboard templates, SharePoint communication site and prioritization of projects, issue status reports.
- Promote the project management process and use of tools across the company
- Prioritize projects within the project management group, manage resource conflicts
- Develop and coach staff to improve their PM skills and increase their team’s communication, execution and planning
- Coordinate and provide high-level updates to senior management on key programs and projects to communicate status and risks
- Manage projects
- Lead planning activities to develop robust project plans, establishing milestones and monitor adherence to plans and schedules
- Facilitate effective project meetings, handle change and conflict, focus team on key priorities
- Execute project risk management activities including risk identification, ranking and contingency planning
- Identify and track critical path/activities, risks, contingencies and alternatives and offer suggestions to get projects back on track when necessary.
- Some travel is required
- BS Degree, preferably in a technical discipline
- 10-15 years of program and project management experience in Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or Medical Device
- PMP or other Project Management certification is highly preferred
- Thrives on collaboration, can manage conflict, good problem solver
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational, written and oral communications, time management and project management skills
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!