Senior Product Manager
Home Based Telecommute - US,
Job ID: 631
Job Req code: 631
Job Type: OI Surgical and Sports Medicine
Organogenesis Surgical & Sports Medicine based in Birmingham, AL is seeking a motivated and responsible candidate for a Senior Product Manager position. The candidate must show initiative, strong communication skills, relevant scientific knowledge/experience, and be a team player. Excellent attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and good organizational skills are also essential to being successful in this position.
Organogenesis is a leading regenerative medicine company focused on the development, manufacture and commercialization of product solutions for the advanced wound care, surgical and sports medicine markets. The Birmingham, AL office invests significantly in research efforts at the bench, in preclinical models and in the clinical setting. Our research and development efforts are focused on placental-derived tissues as a platform for regenerative medicine. We currently have 4 products based on this platform that are clinically leveraged to aid in tissue healing and regeneration across a variety of clinical specialties including orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, and plastic surgery.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Extremities, the Senior Product Manager will assist in the development and implementation of the Company’s marketing strategies for the full life cycle of the product(s). Applicant will be expected to travel in this position, with travel comprising approximately 50% of time.
- Manage ongoing product life cycle management of portfolio including market analysis, product launches and surveillance, product promotion, trade shows, sales training content, KOL development and customer education
- Perform ongoing market analysis and recommend product/platform enhancements
- Develop localized product messaging and promotion within region.
- Provide product expertise and develop tools for the field
- Support development of sales training and customer education
- Manage KOL teams
- Collect customer feedback mechanisms and use the information to make continuous improvements (e.g. customer advisory groups, voice of customer, voice of sales)
- Manage marketing budget and expenses for product(s)
- Monitors and analyzes sales and other metrics to meet annual revenue targets for the product(s)
- Provide input to executive team on long term strategic direction for the Operating Room Acute Wound/Burn portfolio as well as expansion into additional surgical specialties.Commercialization
- Project management for new product commercialization from development of product launch packet and tools through ongoing post market surveillance
- Execute new product launches, including controlled and full market releases
- Support development of new product training and education for field and customers
- Build strong matrix partnerships with sales management, field sales, research and development, operations etc. to ensure alignment on priorities, realistic assessment of capabilities, and proactive prioritization/allocation of shared resources.
- Identify continuous process improvement opportunities
- Develop marketing colleagues and build best in class marketing capabilities
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Extremities.
Environmental Working Conditions:
Organogenesis is committed to being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and recognizes the power of a diverse community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing
- Minimum of 5-7 years marketing experience in the medical device or closely related industry – combination of marketing and sales experience considered
- Medical device/ Biologics tissue technology experience preferred
- Proven ability to lead and/or mentor marketing colleagues
- Direct marketing responsibility for a product in the same field
- Track record of successfully managing full product life cycle from launch, to post market surveillance to retirement
- Experience getting first-hand customer information and using it for improvements (e.g. KOLs, market research)
- Flawless execution of communication and promotional campaigns (e.g. labs, tradeshows, customer education)
- Ability to travel 50% of time
- Knowledge of contemporary practices in Marketing
- Keen business acumen
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills across all levels
- Motivate and inspire cross functional teams
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Program/project management
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!