Production Associate I - Production Support
Job Req code: 605
Organogenesis is a leader in regenerative medicine focused on empowering healing through the development, manufacturing and sale of products for the advanced wound care, and surgical and sports medicine markets. Our new Norwood, MA manufacturing facility has an opening for a full time (40 hours) entry level Production Associate on the Production Support team. We offer a strong benefits package, opportunities for growth, and the chance to contribute to our mission: to provide an integrated portfolio of healing solutions that improve lives while lowering the overall cost of health care.
The Production Associate reports to the Manager, Production Support and works a Monday-Friday schedule, approximately 7:30am-3:30pm. Initial training will occur at our Canton, MA office for a period of several weeks (approximately 5 miles from the Norwood building). This is a non-exempt position per the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
The Production Associate will perform all activities required by the Production Support team, under the direct supervision from the Team Leader, Supervisor, or Manager. The team is responsible for cleaning, preparing, and sterilizing all of the essential equipment required for daily production tasks. The area is a fast paced cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) environment that requires individuals to take initiative and to have the ability to work as a team as well as independently.
- Segregating equipment
- Inspecting for cleanliness
- Running glassware washers
- Responsible for preparing equipment
- Measuring and cutting tubing
- Preparing Production set-ups per standard operating procedures
- Wrapping equipment in preparation for sterilization
- Responsible for sterilizing equipment
- Running depyrogenation ovens
- Running autoclaves
- Responsible for adherence to all operating procedures, protocols, policies, regulatory requirements, GMP, and safety guidelines.
Preferred education and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Biotech certificate, quality systems regulations (cGMP) knowledge and clean room experience preferred but not required.
- Approximately 6.5 hours/day of standing, and occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
- Some holiday coverage is required.
- A pre-employment lift test and physical are required for this position.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!