Job ID: 594
Job Req code: 594
Job Type: OI East
Organogenesis is a leader in regenerative medicine focused on empowering healing through the development, manufacturing and sale of products for the advanced wound care, and surgical and sports medicine markets. Our Canton, MA headquarters has an opening for a full time (40 hours) Buyer III/IV. We offer a strong benefits package, opportunities for growth, and the chance to contribute to our mission: to provide an integrated portfolio of healing solutions that improve lives while lowering the overall cost of health care.
The Buyer III/IV reports to the Assistant Vice President of Procurement and works a Monday-Friday schedule during regular business hours. This is an exempt position per the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
This individual will be responsible for the procurement of various commodity materials including packaging and raw materials. He/she will support new product introductions, evaluate the existing and potential supply base for lowest total cost, highest quality and superior performance and drive cost reductions to the bottom line. He/she will be an individual capable of managing complex tasks independently and act as the primary liaison between the internal customer and the supplier on major issues.
- Meet or exceed customer service objectives for assigned products. Ensure (Stock Status) is reviewed and acted on weekly and ensure Paper requisitions are placed in a timely fashion. Pro-actively communicate with customers when an issue arises with an order.
- Supply production requirements to manufacturing locations that support weekly the needs of the factory and ensures that factory production is not disrupted. Continuously evaluate, understand, and update the stock status as necessary. The internal and external lead-time, re-order point and the lot size must be updated on a quarterly basis and the latest data must be entered in AX system. Any known delivery delays or Issues need to be communicated to production.
- Develop and track all cost saving projects and update manager on a monthly basis, work to reduce the internal cost of ordering by identifying non-value activities and eliminate wherever possible and ensure that competitive pricing is achieved by quoting out all new products, and re-quoting a sample population of existing items of our preferred suppliers on an annual basis.
- Communicate frequently with internal customers and suppliers regarding, customer service, process improvements and cost saving ideas. Maintain strong relationship with internal customers (Manufacturing, R&D, Quality Groups and Facilities). Respond immediately to requests, anticipate and prepare for potential issues. and document lessons learned.
- Demonstrate effective utilization of existing purchasing planning policies, procedures, systems, and documented processes. Recommend and drive improvements. Keep up to date on best practice purchasing skills. Systems skill requirements include Microsoft Suite and ERP.
- Support all new product planning activities and ensure that purchasing directs the sourcing process.
- Complete various reporting requirements which require customer service, cost savings tracking, and supplier performance skills.
- Train new department employees in purchasing procedures, systems, documented processes, and lessons learned.
- Drive modifications to existing policies and procedures used in planning finished goods inventories and deployment as the need for change and opportunities for improvement are identified.
Preferred education and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a scientific discipline is required. Experience within a bio-tech organization is strongly preferred
- 5-10 years' purchasing/procurement experience in a continuously changing environment
- Demonstration of well-developed, analytical and problem solving skills, interpersonal and teaming skills, and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstration of system orientation, primarily purchasing systems
- Proven record as a leader/trainer with strong planning, organization, and problem solving skills
- Ability to negotiate supplier pricing, analyze variances
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer skills/proficiency with MS Office Suite and modern ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics or similar)
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!