Customer Service Representative
Job ID: 583
Job Req code: 583
Category: Customer Service
Job Type: OI Surgical and Sports Medicine
The Customer Service Representative will answer incoming inquiries from the Customer Service queue and to provide the highest level of customer service satisfaction possible. Will effectively interface with sales specialists and customers. This is a temporary, contract position with a possibility of becoming permanent, full-time position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs data entry of orders received from customers and/or the sales force by phone, fax or email into the company’s Microsoft AX system and processes other sales order transactions such as order confirmations, order changes, cancellations, RMAs, etc.
- Sets up new customer accounts, shipping locations and researches customer information.
- Responds to questions / requests from customers, the sales force and internal departments
- Tracks shipped orders, notifies customers and sales reps of shipping exceptions, contacts freight carriers regarding shipment delays and follows up with all through final resolution
- Charges credit cards against open invoices
- Receives and responds to phone calls and emails
- Processes product returns (familiarity with UPS Quantum View software beneficial)
- Researches and analyzes customer history, order and return histories, and other relevant data
- Creates spreadsheets and generates reports daily
- Investigate problems related to shipment of product, credits and customer inquiries
- Maintain and achieve department records
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Successful candidate must possess:
- Outstanding call handling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking competence with the ability to perform effectively and accurately under stress
- Superior problem resolution skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a tightly knit team
- Must be a flexible team member that works effectively with management, fellow team members and personnel of all departments
- Must be dedicated to providing superior, high quality customer service to both customers and outside sales force
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, especially in the medical device, Bio or Healthcare industries
- 3-5 years Customer Service or relevant experience
- Familiar with the sales order cycle
- Knowledge of the shipping process and experience dealing with UPS and FedEx.
- PC / Software proficiency.
- Familiarity with MS Office and MS Excel is required.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX knowledge a plus
Effectively write business correspondence and procedure documentation. Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!