Laboratory Technician III - SSM
Job Req code: 542
Organogenesis Surgical & Sports Medicine based in Birmingham, AL is seeking a motivated and responsible candidate for a Laboratory Technician position. The candidate must show initiative, strong communication skills, relevant scientific knowledge/experience, and be a team player. Excellent attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and good organizational skills are also essential to being successful in this position.
Organogenesis is a leading regenerative medicine company focused on the development, manufacture and commercialization of product solutions for the advanced wound care, surgical and sports medicine markets. The Birmingham, AL office invests significantly in research efforts at the bench, in preclinical models and in the clinical setting. Our research and development efforts are focused on placental-derived tissues as a platform for regenerative medicine. We currently have 4 products based on this platform that are clinically leveraged to aid in tissue healing and regeneration across a variety of clinical specialties. We are committed to evaluating safety and efficacy of these products in various applications using both preclinical and clinical research.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Research and Development Manager, the Laboratory Technician will assist in supporting the Research and Development department in the laboratory.
- Performs routine laboratory procedures such as preparation of media and cell culture.
- Conducts technical routine laboratory tests and procedures, such as PCR and ELISAs, under the direction of senior research engineers.
- Designs and executes experiments according to standard protocols, make observations and interpret findings.
- Receives, stores, aliquots and keeps inventory of important laboratory reagents.
- Maintains laboratory equipment by keeping up with routine maintenance and inspection.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with standard laboratory practice and procedures.
- Assist in ordering and receiving laboratory supplies.
- Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions.
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
- Completes projects by assisting Senior Research Engineer(s); attending and participating in group and project meetings.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
Under the supervision of the Research and Development Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Organogenesis, Inc. is committed to being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and recognizes the power of a diverse community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
- 2+ years as Lab Technician in a related environment
- 4 year Degree in biology, chemistry or relevant field preferred
- Knowledge of a variety of standard laboratory procedures and techniques; of laboratory equipment and terminology; and of laboratory hazards and safety practices.
- Experience with Cell Culture, PCR, ELISA assays, and other relevant laboratory procedures
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, biohazards etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Ability to work organized and in an autonomous fashion.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!