Supervisor, Materials Management
Job Req code: 1177
Category: Distribution and Warehouse
We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing.
Organogenesis’s headquarters is in Canton, MA. Two of our four locations in Massachusetts manufacturers PuraPly AM (heals acute and chronic wounds), Apligraf® (surgical wounds), ReNu®(regenerative and anti-inflammatory properties that create an environment that reduces pain) and NuCel® (provides an enhanced environment for tissue growth, repair, and healing). Our customer service, reimbursement and corporate offices support all of products as well in Canton, MA.
Responsible for receiving, warehousing, inventory control, and Distribution. Ensures that all operations are in full compliance with cGMP requirements. Responsible for material availability to support Domestic, International and clinical supply, while minimizing expiration. May supervise one or more hourly or non-exempt Material Handlers.
- Manage, monitor and control inventoried material.
- Maintains materials control system by scheduling and tracking materials through purchasing, receiving, material handling, distribution inventories and developing warehouse layouts.
- Controls materials by studying inventory and service-level targets, and manufacturing schedules; conferring with product teams; developing inventory plans; identifying inventory priorities; monitoring inventory levels, lead times, lot sizes, and fill rates; evaluating planned and proposed material/process changes; identifying and resolving problems; developing solutions for launch projects.
- Maintains inventory database by ensuring accurate entry and updating of receiving, inventory, shipping and returns data.
- Prepares inventory reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Supervise inventory control procedures, including cycle counts, re-order points, location mapping, usage tracking, allocation, valuation and reporting.
- Meets operational standards by contributing materials management information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying materials management system improvements.
- Meets materials budget by monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- On call (move product, equipment failure/alarms, emergency shipments)
- Maintain employee training files to ensure that they are up to date and cGMP compliant.
- Develops and writes Standard Operating Procedures associated with handling materials.
- High School diploma required college degree or equivalent experience required for manager level.
- CPIM or other training in logistics/materials management is helpful.
- At least three (3) years of prior Supervisory experience. Experience in cGMP warehouse operations preferred.
- Handling and moving objects along with manual dexterity and static strength while following all safety procedures.
- Monitor equipment for safety and wear.
- Train others in proper techniques.
- Monitor industry for equipment improvements.
- Oversee Safety requirements.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!