Process Development Intern - La Jolla
La Jolla, CA
Job Req code: 1137
Organogenesis is a leading regenerative medicine company that provides a full range of products for advanced wound care. We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing.
The Process Development group at Organogenesis is looking for an intern for the summer of 2022. The candidate will be involved in a variety of activities including but not limited to working on biomaterial and cell-based studies, assisting on development of new manufacturing processes, providing general lab support, and performing cell-based and protein quantification assays. The intern will be able to participate in the execution of experiments in a team environment and be able to support the data analysis and reporting of results. Training will be provided throughout for all aspects of the position.
- Help execute experiments alongside trained members of the department
- Aseptic processing and maintenance of sterile cell cultures
- Perform cell counts and other cell culture techniques
- Perform cell-based and/or protein quantification assays
- Media and reagent preparation
- Bioreactor/Culture system assembly preparation
- Lab Maintenance:
- Cleaning or organizing lab
- Autoclaving or waste removal
- Ability to work independently on defined study areas or also with other team members
- Maintain lab notebook and/or preparing technical summaries
- Compile and analyze data using Excel or other programs
- Scientific literature searches
- Ability to work in a team setting and complete some independent work
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have a willingness to learn and have a passion for the field
Preferred Education and Experience
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in a scientific or engineering field
- Lab experience in an academic or industry setting is desirable
- Occasional repeating motions that may include wrists, hands and/or fingers while using pipet aids, repeat pipettors, micro pipettors, or peristaltic pumps
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or an amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Sedentary work which involves primarily sitting most of the time
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!