Research and Development Intern - Birmingham, AL
2641 Rocky Ridge Lane, Birmingham, Alabama, 35216, United States
Job Req code 193
We are a leading regenerative medicine company in the advanced and acute wound care space and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing. Our advanced wound care products are specially developed for the successful treatment of chronic and acute wounds. Our comprehensive portfolio of skin substitutes and other regenerative medicine products empower our patients with life-changing solutions. Our strength is giving others strength. Learn more about Careers at Organogenesis.
What you will do:
Under the supervision of the R&D personnel, the R&D intern may assist with running experiments, microscope imaging, image analysis, data collection, data analysis and cell culture. This internship is based in our Birmingham, AL R&D lab and will be an on-site position.
What you need to achieve it:
- Currently enrolled in a four-year college or university and studying relevant coursework (chemistry, cell biology, biomedical engineering, etc.)
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently on a well-defined project
- Some experience in a lab setting
Environmental Working Conditions
- Wet biological laboratory
- May require appropriate contact with biohazards, animals and human specimens
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.