Process Development Associate I/II
85 Dan Road, Canton, Massachusetts, 02021, United States
Job Req code 177
Category: Research & Development
We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing. We offer a strong benefits package, opportunities for growth, and the chance to contribute to our mission: to provide an integrated portfolio of healing solutions that improve lives while lowering the overall cost of health care.
The Process Development Specialist II is responsible for working in a hand-on capacity in both group settings and independently, executing experiments on a wide range of areas including early product development, process optimization and scale up. The Associate is expected to use professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways. Participate in researching project specific technologies and the design, execution and interpretation of experimental results.
- Area of work will be focused on 3 to 4 well defined projects areas.
- Work independently with the support of other more senior department personnel or as part of a team to assist in the organization and execution of experiments.
- Contribute to project objectives within area of expertise by providing experimental data and contributing to problem solving.
- Make detailed observations and conclusions from data analysis to determine next steps.
- Good aseptic technique is a required lab skill.
- Perform sterile processing for cell culture, cell-based constructs, cell-based assays, media preparation, and biomaterials & sterilization.
- Follow written procedures and support the development of new procedures.
- Preparation of technical reports, summaries, qualification/validation protocols and reports, and maintaining lab notebook.
- Report and summarize data at group meetings or with project teams
- May participate in external seminars and scientific conferences.
- Projects may require familiarity with current scientific literature together with the capability to identify methods and techniques for obtaining analytical information.
- Interact with other groups on cross-functional project teams.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline and a minimum of 2-5 years experience, or MS with 2 years of experience in life sciences.
- Experience working in a cGMP environment is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills is required
- Demonstrates reliable technical skills and familiarity with lab procedures, protocols, and analytical measurements
- Exhibits ability to independently interpret and analyze data
- Experience with statistical methods, design of experiment, or statistical software is a plus
- Exhibits an understanding of basic scientific and/or biomedical principles
- Exercises independent judgment and ability to optimize some experimental procedures or to modify experimental designs and protocols to enable experimental and/or methodological improvement
- Ability to present data and results in internal team setting