Materials Handler I/II
150 Dan Road, Canton, Massachusetts, 02021, United States
Job Req code 134
Category: Distribution and Warehouse
Organogenesis is a leading regenerative medicine organization focused on empowering healing through the development, manufacturing, and sale of products for the advanced wound care and surgical markets. We are committed to provide an integrated portfolio of healing solutions that improve lives while lowering the overall cost of health care. We empower clinicians with the full range of products and tools they need to heal patients and achieve better health outcomes by Empowering Healing. Come join the team!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work as a valued member of a dynamic team in our Distribution department to ensure that all materials received are processing in a timely manner.
- Data processing of invoices, packing slips, and freight claims.
- Tracking inventories in storage.
- Work cross functionally to resolve invoice discrepancies and ensure production materials are processed in a timely fashion.
- Competently handle the shipping and handling of hazardous materials.
- Prepare outgoing shipment requests and schedule pickups.
- Label Incoming Materials and Finished Products.
- Schedule is Monday through Friday 10am to 6:30pm at our Canton, MA facility.
What we require:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- No experience required.
- Excellent organizational skills with inventory and warehouse experience preferred.
- Detailed oriented with good computer skills (receiving entry system, Excel, and Microsoft Word programs).
- Strong communication skills are needed for interaction with all department levels.
- Previous experience handling and storing hazardous materials is preferred.
- Standing for extended periods of time. Frequent repetitive movements with wrists, elbows, and shoulders. Some bending from time to time. Frequent lifting, pulling and pushing motions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- A pre-employment lift test and physical are required for this position.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
What we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage options
- 401K – vested immediately with 100% match
- Education Assistance Policy - $5,000 per year for all employees
- Company paid Short Term and Long Term disability
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account
- Wellness Program
- Three weeks of vacation, floating holidays, sick days, and company holidays
- Discounts at BJs Wholesale, Dell, Sullivan Tire, and Sprint
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.